Alternate to Polsilver SI??

Hi, it's been a while since I posted, but I'm looking for alternates to the Polsilver SI blades I've been using. I have a few left, but would like a plan for when the dread day I load my last one arrives.

I've tried several Gillette; 7 o'clock yellow, Gillette Platinum, Gillette Silver, the Silver is close, the Yellow and Platinum are 'adequate'.

I've also tried Voskod, Astra Green, Derby and Feathers, the Feathers are also very close if used in my Schick or Gillette twist, but don't stay sharp like the Polsilver.

So, are there any blades still in manufacture that match the Polsilver, I've looked over the excellent spreadsheet, and it hasn't got anything i can find for sale that really matches the Polsilver performance :( I

Thanks in advance.

Couple of choices. If you want the original Polish version, @Vesper has some for sale here:

If you want the modern PPI version, Wizamet are nigh on the same blade:

I think there are a few blades which Gillette PPI produce which are quite close to the Polsilver, including the Perma Sharp, Nacet, and Minora Stainless.

IMO, all of these blades are best after a shave or two and I think I might be able to tell a difference when they were brand new, but after a few shaves I don't think I could.

If you want the modern PPI version, Wizamet are nigh on the same blade:

Having much the same quandary here and so far the Wizamet are proving a nice alternative. And likewise getting great results from the Gillette Nacets and Ruby's

Fortunately I have a couple of years supply of the old Lodz blades at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom