Alum/Balm

I apply cold water after a shave then rub alum block all over.Rinse, then lightly pat dry before applying balm....It works for me.

slrjona said:
I apply cold water after a shave then rub alum block all over.Rinse, then lightly pat dry before applying balm....It works for me.

This.

You could also try applying the balm with your skin slightly damp and see if that makes a difference.

It affects moisturiser the same way, it seems to turn it into water and some solid bits. I don't use both together, if my skin's feeling a bit dry I'll use moisturiser, and if I get a nick it's alum alone, but not both.

I've found that I can apply the Boots fresh wood balm on top of the alum without problem. For others I wait for the alum to dry the rinse off, pat dry and then apply the balm. Not had a problem with this method using the Jagger aftershave balm.

When I do use Alum I alway use aftershave-splash- afterwards. Let that dry and use a balm/lotion. Don't have a problem this way.

press said:
Shipwrecked said:
Thanks for all your input!
Jim

The same thing happens to me when using Proraso pre-post cream .I find if you apply to a wet face with wet hands its ok.

never had that happen to me with prorasso

i tend to use it as a preshave because i got stuff i prefer for after

Back
Top Bottom