An aftershave with a kick!(literally)

I read some of the reviews on this ages ago and apparantly it smells like hell and burns your face so bad its like being kicked in the face by Bruce Lee...Anyone tried it?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwh3nQP5Uo</a><!-- m --> :? :? :?

I used to have this about thirty years ago, I don't remember the burn being that bad. It did smell quite nice, it was in the same price range as Brut, and all the kids wore either this or Brut or Carousel, which wasn't as well known. Carousel had a naked girl on the label being attacked by Dracula! :lol: Just class!

Professor Blighty said:
Carousel had a naked girl on the label being attacked by Dracula! :lol: Just class!

Now that's a reason to buy one :?, did you learn much self defence with hai karate blighty? :twisted: ,btw while we're on the subject I think I've seen brut at savers or body care,is it any good?

Brut original is on sale at Sainsburys and Superdrug. Is it good? Well I like it because it reminds me of being in my teens... but my wife hates the stuff because she doesn't want her husband smelling like her Dad used to, so it's banned in my house. Just a personal preference thing really. You have to give it one thing... it's stuck around longer than most.

I would have preferred to splash the immortal Valerie Leon all over.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWn9EmbFTRo&feature=related[/youtube]

Far as I recall from late sixties & early seventies Hai Karate didn't have that much of a kick (see what I just did !) & was a light, kinda floral perfumey scent. It seemed to be pitched at the same market as Denim (for men who don't have to try to hard). Brut of course lasted because it's "the essence of man" & still has a really kool Brut World website. I haven't yet got over learning that Barry Sheene's widow says that he never wore the Brut freebies he got whilst he was endorsing it............. seems he gave most of it to his uncle, who must have smelled nearly as macho as H. Cooper.

JohnnyO. :?

Blades said:
I did Shotokan Martial arts for 15 years..half my life..but geez..that guy seemed pretty helpless :lol:

B

I've never heard it referred to as "Shotokan Martial arts" before . Different to ordinary Shotokan karate ?

Damian Murphy said:
Blades said:
I did Shotokan Martial arts for 15 years..half my life..but geez..that guy seemed pretty helpless :lol:

B

I've never heard it referred to as "Shotokan Martial arts" before . Different to ordinary Shotokan karate ?

Yes,its as oppose to shotokan snooker :lol:

Hiya,

Even though I don't use Hai Karate, it doesn't mean I don't have a bottle or two laying around the arsenal. Actually, I do wear the Hai Karate ' Oriental Spice' on occasion.

The one picture shows the date of the original HK to be from 1966-68.

Hope you enjoy the pics,

Martin

Attachments

• Ha Karate Oriental.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 12
  • Hai Karate 005.jpg
  • Hai Karate 002.jpg
Back
Top Bottom