Another 90 minutes gone.

Ok if you say so... yet it seemed a decent enough game of football to me and many others i watched it with but the only thing better than a draw would have been lampard sticking the ball in the back of the net with just a few mins left on the clock but i'll take a point to move top of the group with 2 games left...

Methinks we expect too much. And I'm sure the players cared and gave of their best. Some were below their best - but there was another team on the pitch and they had their problems. Enland are in a good position now.

A draw isn't a bad result away to the Ukraine. They're still top of the group and should qualify. On a better note, the Scotland game was fantastic for a change. The best we've played for a long time. Pity we can't qualify anymore.

It was a poor game but we were missing forward players who would be picked to start. We have a few older players on the way out and have to bring younger players through so we'll do well to qualify and get out of the group stage in the WC. Hopefully the younger players will step up and we'll end up with a good and well balanced side for future competitions.

Unfortunately the England team are over hyped by the same media who slaughter them when they fail. The truth is the players really aren't THAT good. Allegedly this is all the foreigners fault (as they are stopping the locals getting first team football), but a quick look at youth setups in Germany, France, Spain, Holland and beyond shoes that the FA are way behind the times in youth development - surely its cheaper for a club to use their own talent than buy it in from elsewhere? If we look at the Dutch they have been producing world class footballers for decades from a population of less than 17 million. By comparison England has a population of around 53 million. Even Spain has a population of just 43 million (and its actually declining) yet just look at the success they have had in football - even at club level where most players are still Spanish. How many players in the current England team could hold down a first team place at Barcelona for example?

Until the best prospects in England are able to receive the best coaching from an early age (like elsewhere) rather than having no choice but to attend inferior setups until old enough to join one of the big clubs (or at least a smaller club with decent facilities) then not much is likely to change. This means at the very least the big clubs investing in the smaller clubs facilities and coaching and working in partnership to nurture talent (such as they do in Holland) rather than working against each other. In return the smaller clubs not only get better facilities but also a steady revenue stream.

However, things could be worse for England. My National team got beaten 4-2 by Luxembourg!

An away point isn't a bad point. Especially when people within the FA are saying don't expect an England World Cup win for 6 years!! I'm NUFC mad....Gallowgate lad...Mackem hater (I'm not really)...but I don't punch horses from Yorks police force!!!

tarbyonline said:
Unfortunately the England team are over hyped by the same media who slaughter them when they fail. The truth is the players really aren't THAT good. Allegedly this is all the foreigners fault (as they are stopping the locals getting first team football), but a quick look at youth setups in Germany, France, Spain, Holland and beyond shoes that the FA are way behind the times in youth development - surely its cheaper for a club to use their own talent than buy it in from elsewhere? If we look at the Dutch they have been producing world class footballers for decades from a population of less than 17 million. By comparison England has a population of around 53 million. Even Spain has a population of just 43 million (and its actually declining) yet just look at the success they have had in football - even at club level where most players are still Spanish. How many players in the current England team could hold down a first team place at Barcelona for example?

Until the best prospects in England are able to receive the best coaching from an early age (like elsewhere) rather than having no choice but to attend inferior setups until old enough to join one of the big clubs (or at least a smaller club with decent facilities) then not much is likely to change. This means at the very least the big clubs investing in the smaller clubs facilities and coaching and working in partnership to nurture talent (such as they do in Holland) rather than working against each other. In return the smaller clubs not only get better facilities but also a steady revenue stream.

However, things could be worse for England. My National team got beaten 4-2 by Luxembourg!

There's a good article here with Roberto Martinez arguing that there's a lack of opportunities for players when they hit 19. It's interesting but isn't the whole problem.

Frankie what are your feelings towards phone boxes and rubbish bins?

[/quote]

There's a good article here with Roberto Martinez arguing that there's a lack of opportunities for players when they hit 19. It's interesting but isn't the whole problem.

[/quote]

If they can score goals for England...then they will be entered in the stats as P Boxes and R Bins.

[/quote]

[/quote]

If they can score goals for England...then they will be entered in the stats as P Boxes and R Bins.

Back
Top Bottom