Another valet

Hi guys just got hold of another valet. A Vc1 this time with the instructions and strop and the case still has the conditions of sale sticker on the bottom intact.

One thing that's got me stumped is the case. It has 'london opinion' written on the inside of the lid. Anyone have any information on this?

[attachment=10938]

Thanks

Jim

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403092669655.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403092669655.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 36
Bpmjames said:
Hi guys just got hold of another valet. A Vc1 this time with the instructions and strop and the case still has the conditions of sale sticker on the bottom intact.

One thing that's got me stumped is the case. It has 'london opinion' written on the inside of the lid. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

Jim

Nice catch, London opinion I am just guessing is a promo offering.

Wazzer3 said:
Bpmjames said:

Thanks

Jim

Nice catch, London opinion I am just guessing is a promo offering.

Promo in what respect? Are they a company or what?

Thanks

London Opinion was a mens' magazine of the date (1903 - 1954, to cite Wiki). Think of it as a 'Men's Health' edition.

Very nice catch, I'd say ... classic British ball ended VC1. Nice. Are the two blade retaining hooks up front intact? Take care never to drop it as they can ping off with the impact.

pjgh said:
London Opinion was a mens' magazine of the date (1903 - 1954, to cite Wiki). Think of it as a 'Men's Health' edition.

Very nice catch, I'd say ... classic British ball ended VC1. Nice. Are the two blade retaining hooks up front intact? Take care never to drop it as they can ping off with the impact.

Hi Paul,

thanks for that, other than a little brassing on the top its mint :)

Great! They make excellent razors.

Now, you might have noticed that a de-spined GEM and a Feather are about 1mm different in depth. That can go a long way with these razors to giving a really aggressive shave and giving a nice, mild shave.

Have fun experimenting ...

Again, you've got a lovely set there. Cherish it.

pjgh said:

Now, you might have noticed that a de-spined GEM and a Feather are about 1mm different in depth. That can go a long way with these razors to giving a really aggressive shave and giving a nice, mild shave.

I use the feathers in my VB1 its great hope this gives as good a shave as that does

Bpmjames said:
pjgh said:

I use the feathers in my VB1 its great hope this gives as good a shave as that does

If only they had modern blades...

Back
Top Bottom