ASB Users

After shave balm users.

Do you apply the balm all over your face, forehead, nose, around the eye area as one would with a general facial moisturiser? Or apply to shaved areas only?

Thanks

Shaved area only, leave for a minute or so then apply moisteriser all over, leave for around 5 mins then apply fragrance. Done!

Mainly the shaved ares, whatever small amount remains on the hands is lightly spread on my forehead and nose (sometimes my arms in the summer if they are dry from working uin the garden.

With ASB's less is more so to speak.

Audiolab said:
Mainly the shaved ares, whatever small amount remains on the hands is lightly spread on my forehead and nose (sometimes my arms in the summer if they are dry from working uin the garden.

With ASB's less is more so to speak.

Almost exactly the same as this except I rub it on my arms just to use it up if I put too much on my hand.

Witch hazel then, whilst face is still damp, ASB on top.

I've tried a few so far and, for me, Bulldog is the best cheapie whilst Trumper skin food is the best luxury one. The biggest disappointment was Castle Forbes.

I'm going to run down my stocks and then buy more of the above.

Thanks for the answers. I didn't bother with balm in the past and would just use a splash then moisturiser. Balm just seemed like watery moisturiser to me. I've used skin food in the past and found it just meh, and not for the whole face. I think that my skin falls into the same category as fatboyslimfast as I like my moisturisers.

I keep a pot of Proraso pre/post shave and use it occasionally when I get razor burn. However my kids bought me a bottle of Nivea ASB, which I see from another thread on the go just now is popular stuff.

Witch hazel then ASB. I like proraso. Nivea is OK. I've been using Steve's Bay Rum recently though. Usually I get dry skin with after shave splashes but the Bay Rum seems fine.

I use aftershave splash (DR Harris for preference) then, when it's dried out, I follow up with Boots no.7 balm. This is a thick moisturiser, rather than the milkier balms, and I do use it all over my face. Trying desperately to keep the worst of my wrinkles at bay!

Only shaved area's, there is other stuff for the whole face, bought something like that in China, but used that as a balm for the shaving area's. Also I don't use much aftershave balm, if you would use it on your whole face then the aftershave balm would be faster gone.

Back
Top Bottom