Asylum Rx rattle query

BAW

I recently got hold of an Asylum Rx, sold as new and unused, and everything points to that; it arrived in immaculate condition, in the original packaging.

I put a Kai Pink in (I always start mild), and when I tightened the assembly, the head rattled when shaken. After a poke and a prod to see what was happening, a washer round the thread made the rattle disappear. The handle just wasn't quite holding that big sexy head together tightly enough, possibly owing to a small burr at the base of the thread.

After an internet search, I'm getting mixed results. I see some Rx owners who were under the impression that the rattle was part of the construction, while a pass around – involving ATG and this very fine site – gave rise to discussion of an Rx which started off without a rattle, then developed one as it was passed along.

I shaved this morning – rattle free, using the washer – but I'm curious if there is an official verdict on this. As unlikely as it seems, I don't want to be fixing a problem which is actually a feature.

Are there Asylum Rx owners who could weigh in, or anyone at all who knows for sure?

Back
Top Bottom