Banning of members

I notice from the members list, that two members have joined the forum today, and have also been banned already.

The latter member (Birgit Huss) managed to post one thread, which was clearly not in line with the general discussion on TSR. I was trying to post a reply, I got an error message, since the thread had been removed. Later I learned the user was banned.

My question: How does this banning work? Is it automatic? Is it done manually by the moderators? What are the criteria?

Thanks.
/Max

mstrunck said:
I notice from the members list, that two members have joined the forum today, and have also been banned already.

The latter member (Birgit Huss) managed to post one thread, which was clearly not in line with the general discussion on TSR. I was trying to post a reply, I got an error message, since the thread had been removed. Later I learned the user was banned.

My question: How does this banning work? Is it automatic? Is it done manually by the moderators? What are the criteria?

Thanks.
/Max

In that instance it sounds like it would have been a "user" spamming the board.

I've only ever known one (maybe two?) genuine members banned and that was only after repeated warnings.

Yellow Jim said:
mstrunck said:

Thanks.
/Max

In that instance it sounds like it would have been a "user" spamming the board.

I've only ever known one (maybe two?) genuine members banned and that was only after repeated warnings.

Yes, it was quite obvious that the "user" was in the wrong kind of forum... That being by accident or on purpose.

/Max

Back
Top Bottom