Best blade for Goodfella

I've been shaving now for almost a month with the Goodfella razor and have nearly finished the Derbys that it came with. Any suggestions for which blades to try next? Was wondering if a blade sampler from Connaughts would be worth a try?

Can't miss with a sampler. Be prepared for a wow! moment when you put in a sharp blade like a Yellow, after those Derby's. Don't know if the blade pif is still running here and what the lead time is.

Don't know how you managed a month with a Derby as I found them harsh but like above, you should get a nice surprise. Astra SPs are fairly sharp and smooth as well as a good price too which would be my choice for your next blade. Sampler is one option or ebay have some samples which may suit such as this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-Blade-Sampler-Sample-Pack-Arko-Palmolive-Shave-Soap-/290744071131?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D290755161623%26ps%3D54?

You will get people with different opinions but try a few blades a couple of times each at least and see how you find them. Perma-sharp blades are a blade I rate highly so would recommend that personally.

After shaving for a month you will probably have started getting your technique sorted which is good.
I would get a sampler pack from connaught, and see which blades suit you, they will probably all be sharper than Derbys. Sharper is not always smoothest though.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was using the Derbys to try and get my technique sorted and they've been grand for that but am now looking forward to that wow moment you speak of with sharper blades.

Back
Top Bottom