Betchets handle

Bechet45 said:
What a fantastic job and what a fantastic handle!! My hat off to you, RH! I am completely delighted and in awe.

Those of you familiar with the concept of Paul's epee handle will just love this handle - it not only looks so very good but it is perfectly balanced with my head of choice, an iKon DLC slant. It works as well with Weber DLCs and Muhle Jets but the iKon, with its touch of a shine, looks perfect.

Enough words - here are the pictures -

Now that is beautiful! A terrific design made practical. Elegant, beautifully made and finished and a delight to handle. What an outcome to a project!

In case anyone hasn't figured it out, talk to RedHorseman if you want one - and stainless are shortly to follow, I believe.

Speeeectacular!

I'm glad you like it, how do you think the shape compares to the original? Just be warned, the handle will turn more golden like the swing as the surface oxidises. Polishing it will bring it back to the bright brass.

Of the shape - I think Swing could take lessons from you! The neck is more slender, the hips more meaty and the stretch has made it more elegant. The flange is an improvement, I think - both in the tool touch and the thinness.

The balance in naval bronze is perfect. I wonder if she will need to go on a diet in stainless - slight trim of her hips? How do the two metals compare density-wise? Wouldn't want any more weight at the free end - a gram or five would be OK, I guess.

But of the shape - spectacular! I'll come back in the morning and tell you how it handles (hah) in wet hands, soapy water. Katie's Green Earth.

The specific gravity of brass and stainless are very similar. The stainless handle will actually be slightly lighter than the brass. But I doubt you will notice the weighting differences as we are talking a gram or two.

Not only a stunner to look at but an absolute delight to use! I was so pleased and delighted with it that afterwards I put on my posh frock and used Cuir de Russie!

This handle takes the epee concept to the highest level - the balance is perfection. Being smooth and shiny, there is no grip so less is more - as with a Pils razor or lacquered chop-sticks - let the razor do the work and merely guide it. let go of trying to control it, it follows the contours of your face.

I tried it with dry hands but preferred to let it do its own thing with wet and slightly soapy hands. I don't know how to use short handles but with 100mm the end of the handle sat somewhere in my palm and my fingers tips provided the fulcrum - a perfect, very light touch of blade on skin.

For the ATG pass, the end flange proved invaluable as an end stop and the lightest touch was again available.

An absolute delight to use and I'm chuffed to the nuts with it - straight to the top of my favourite handles list. I'll wait to see how Wolfman and BBS-1 heads shave but currently I'm thinking ATT S1 again for the stainless RedHorseman Swing. It is so worth the money, even if I don't have it to spend!

Brilliant job, RH! A 1st. Class 5 Star result!

Thank you for the vote of confidence, if I ever start a business I'll get you to write all my reviews :) I'm glad you are enjoying it. Hopefully I can have the stainless one out to you in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom