Blade Recommendations for a Fatip

I have tried superthins but it felt really harsh and I got some irritation. I will give the astras a go and see how that is, I am thinking that a less sharp blade may be called for with this razor.

antdad said:

Ha ha you could be right, I don't seem to get consistently good or bad shaves. One day can be great the next is rough, I don't think it is technique because I have been at this a while and I don't have this trouble with other razors.

Well it is technique but that head is a bit of a bitch, all curves and little feedback. Perhaps try it with a lighter handle and make sure your lather is double thick.

Thanks, perhaps I will commit to using it exclusively for a couple of weeks and see if I can find the sweet spot. I have never considered razor feedback before, that is interesting.

Thought I would post a quick update on my recent progress, I have found a blade that seems to work consistently in this razor, and it is a .......................... Derby. Now the Derby blade is not one I have a lot of love for, but that said I have not used them for well over a year, since I was a noob.

I have got to a stage with this razor where I can now get BBS shaves and feel in control. This razor is aggressive, I have to concentrate on technique much more than any other razor I own, but this can be a rewarding process when I get it right.

Try and get hold of the Blade PIF?

There tend to be many in there to try?
Or failing that, let us know what you have tried so we can send you some you dont have?

Back
Top Bottom