blue vintage gillette blade dispensers..

singerman said:
could anyone tell me please, if these dispensers that were sold with 10 blades, are disposable, or can you load them with other de blades in your stock?

thank you, rick.

once empty you can slide a knife in the gap and gently wriggle up and down and it will seperate into the two plastic pieces and the metal piece that acts as a spring to force the next blade up, i have done this a few times to clean up grotty ones and stock with nice clean vintage blades to make up sets.

i imagine if you kept doing it though it would eventually break the plastic.

thank you, they look real nifty when you see them on the old adverts on you tube, i might get one & try n doctor it like you described when its empty :) surprised they never came up with a re-useable type :)

singerman said:
surprised they never came up with a re-useable type :)

What? You mean the company that came up with one of the (if not the) first ever disposable consumer item, the disposable razor blade that we all know and love, come up with something re-useable?

People have been shot for thinking less subversive thoughts.

tadpole said:
singerman said:
surprised they never came up with a re-useable type :)

What? You mean the company that came up with one of the (if not the) first ever disposable consumer item, the disposable razor blade that we all know and love, come up with something re-useable?

People have been shot for thinking less subversive thoughts.
lol, i see the irony :)

Back
Top Bottom