Body Shop Synthetic

okay everyone, I just had to do a quick review of this brush because it was simply amazing. I have never been to big on synthetic brushes but the other day I just had to try this one from the body shop seeing as it was only $12.00. I took it home and got out 3 different soaps and creams. 1st up was Proraso soap. loaded the brush for about 10 seconds and whipped up a bowl of the best lather I have had yet with the soap! on to my favourite. MWF, again...loaded the brush for ten seconds and this time it really blew me away....i got better lather than i had in the last year with this brush . I also tried taylor of old bond street and had the same results!!! The bristles are softer than silvertip badger, it holds just as much water if not more than any badger or boar hair, and it does not require any presoak at all! just a few seconds under the tap with some hot water....I never thought this cheap brush would produce such results but it did and I just had to brag about it....anyone who doesnt think this could be possible....Try it yourself!!! for only $12.00 cdn. thanks for reading!
heres a pic of it

IMG_2116.jpg

I had one of these. I'm a face latherer and hated it. I piffed it to a friend in the end.

I guess it may be a little different if you bowl lather with it though.

Dipesh said:
I had one of these. I'm a face latherer and hated it. I piffed it to a friend in the end.

I guess it may be a little different if you bowl lather with it though.

I agree, I tried to lather it once on my face and also had the same problem...I think I should add that to this review...thanks!

I've tried the Body shop brushes in the past and always found them to be very harsh and coarse compared to Badger hair...but then I could be spoilt as my first brush was silever tip badger

Chris's assessment is exactly right - no splay. It is just about ok for face lathering with a shave stick, though, and does that instant-dry thing.

Back
Top Bottom