"Brand new" FatBoy for sale on the bay...

Occams Razor said:
Looks pristine!..... Too good to be true do you think!???

I'm convinced it's genuine. My reasoning is the black band just below the adjusting collar, if it's a re-plate, that black band normally disappears! I know this from getting my own FatBoy re plated and wanting to keep the original black band. Dave gave me a very good technical reason (which I now can't recall!), of why that could not be done...

Another maybe new one went for £285+ post the other day

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gillette-Adjustable-Fatboy-Razor-With-Case-and-Sealed-Blades-F-4-Date-Code-/361069001812

PhilD said:
Another maybe new one went for £285+ post the other day

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gillette-Adjustable-Fatboy-Razor-With-Case-and-Sealed-Blades-F-4-Date-Code-/361069001812

I just think that these razors look the doggies, admittedly not the best shaver in my arsenal, but that knurled handle, the sturdy TTO knob, that chunky adjusting collar.... I better stop now, I'm beginning to drool like Homer staring at a doughnut! LOL

Yes, great looking razors, you can well understand why collectors will dig deep for a minter complete with blades, instructions and preferably the shop price display card..

StephenShave said:
Occams Razor said:
Looks pristine!..... Too good to be true do you think!???

I'm convinced it's genuine. My reasoning is the black band just below the adjusting collar, if it's a re-plate, that black band normally disappears! I know this from getting my own FatBoy re plated and wanting to keep the original black band. Dave gave me a very good technical reason (which I now can't recall!), of why that could not be done...

Thanks for the helpful advice, I'm new to all this and appreciate you all sharing your knowledge. I was recently lucky enough to acquire a 1963 Slim Boy in excellent condition in the original box with 5 blades! The Fat Boy would look good sitting next to it! Think I'm definitely suffering from RAD! Lol

I know the seller - he's a straight-up and honest fellow. If he had any doubt about the authenticity of this, he would simply have listed it as a Fat Boy in excellent condition. He's not one to pinch a penny on wishful thinking.

pjgh said:
I know the seller - he's a straight-up and honest fellow. If he had any doubt about the authenticity of this, he would simply have listed it as a Fat Boy in excellent condition. He's not one to pinch a penny on wishful thinking.

Right Paul it's a trip to the bank at lunchtime to get my overdraft extended! Many thanks for the info. :)

Dave

Wouldn't it be great if you could zap yourself back to 1958, buy up 1000 new FatBoys at less than £1 each ($1.95), and come back and sell them on Ebay - that would certainly supplement your income nicely, and make a few people happy too... (Whilst I was there, I'd also look up some 'toggle' ones too LOL)

Well, sold for £202 - to be honest, I thought it would have gone for more! Usual last second bidding, fun to watch the panic...

Back
Top Bottom