Can anyone identify the maker?

I picked this one up recently, it's obviously been re-scaled, there is no makers stamp on the tang anywhere, nothing to give a clue as to what company made it, the tang has nothing on it at all, I have seen the engraving somewhere before I think it was on a razor by the Thistle Cutlery Co, but this ones a mystery, any ideas?

S7300561.jpg
[/img]

It's a German ERN razor, the exact same scales as the Crown & Sword model, I was looking at the razor last week on the Bay, was going to bid on it, looks like a good restore project should come up very good IMO.

Jamie

The scales are from a Crown and Sword, obviously; the only references I can find to the use of a camel as a mark are by Kamphausen & Plümacher, or in the case of a two-headed one Wester & Butz. I wouldn't set much store by that. Your best bet for an identification is Neil, but there's a fair chance that it'll remain a mystery.

It's not an ERN, not even a Crown & Sword ERN - its obviously been rescaled as Andy says. He's also right about it being a mystery even though the pattern on the blade is the same as the Thistle Cutlery Co razors - without a makers mark we will never know.

thistledamascus.jpg

Regards,
Neil

Back
Top Bottom