Can this be restored?

I've cleaned this up as best I can but could it be restored and honed to be used? There's some wear on the shoulder which has removed part of the logo and the blade has a bit of a smile to it at the end, but maybe it's supposed to? This is my first straight. Thanks for any advice.

[attachment=7698]

Attachments

• 20130623_170218.jpg
    20130623_170218.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 92
I think you've answered your own question - the cleaning looks like a good job so you have a couple of choices.

You could buy some ready made scales and pins - I think Steve at Invisible Edge sells them- you would need to measure from pivot hole to the end of the razor just to make sure of the right size scales. However this would still need honing so maybe drop Steve a line for a quote on fitting scales and honing.

Neil at the Strop Shop also does this but I don't think he's taking on any work at the moment.

I think I'm right is saying that Dave at Restored Razors also does work on Straights.

Thanks Rob. I just was concerned that my work cleaning it up might have been in vain if there's a problem with the blade or if shoulder is worn out, not being sure what to look for. If it looks capable of being honed and made shave ready then I'll send it away. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom