Cella Issues

My barnet is going grey

• Total voters
Folks, I recently received a lump of the wonderfully aromatic Cella in Ids' group buy.
I confess that I am struggling to generate a satisfactory lather with it :mad:
I've tried both my Vulfix 404 bodger and New Forest brush, have no problems using either on any other soap or cream, but with the Cella I get a rather thin if effective product.

Is there a particular knack to using this soap?

Cheers,

I struggled with it too, but got a good lather this morning. I did it this morning by wetting my brush as normal and then shaking as much water as I reasonably could get from it. I then loaded the brush for a good long time before creating lather in my usual bowl. I added a small amount of water once that was done.

It's easy to add too much water to it, it seems as if it doesn't cling to the brush especially well, so just spend longer getting it onto the brush and avoid a soaking wet brush!

A little bit of water in the brush (a brief dip I find) then really work it round the face. It seems to need very little water so it's easy to get this wrong. It's lovely stuff.

I face lather with it too, fairly dry brush to load it and a wet face seems enough, maybe a little dip for the 2nd lather. I really love the marzipan smell, just wish it was a little stronger.

I got mine from the efforts of ids

I bowl lather with mine and the lather flows and flows. Shake the brush a few times then keep adding water until it just explodes

Not tried face lathering though

for me, if i find im not getting a good lather i keep adding soap!! i suppose thats the same as lessening the water content of your lather.

just keep feeding the fire - you'll get the desired results. im down to the last part of my try out puck so i rubbed it on my face like you would with the erasmic sticks and it worked well.

I typically bowl lather as face lathering gives me lots of irritation. I :

Leave the brush to soak in hot / warm water while I shower
empty the water from the bowl and get all excess water out the brush
run the brush across the top of the cella for 30 - 45 sec
generate the lather in the bowl adding drops of water as required.

It does seem to have a small sweet spot but even thin i've had good shaves and live the smell!

Greetings

I've been getting a great lather with it but I really work a nearly dry brush into it for quite a long time to get plenty on the brush. I then paint it on my face nearly dry and work it up into a lather with a really vigorous circular scrubbing dipping the tips of my brush into the water several times.

I found you need to load the brush very generously and give the stuff a 'good thrashing'. I accept if you have sensitive skin this could be a problem and you would then perhaps be better off bowl lathering.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom