Certifyd Restore

Got a huge Certifyd boar brush though the post a couple of weeks ago and reknotted it yesterday. TGN 28mm Silvertip XD with a 51mm loft.
Sanded the old varnish off. Lacquered it in Superglue. Its a light colour like pear wood. Re shone the Bakelite with rubbing compound and PlastX then re-enamelled the lettering.

Its a big bugger!

Ratty

[attachment=9899][attachment=9900][attachment=9901]

Attachments

• IMG_9517.JPG
    IMG_9517.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9684.JPG
    IMG_9684.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9680.jpg
    IMG_9680.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 36
Great work Ratty - I love the shape of these brushes. Incidentally, the original boar knot still looked in usable condition - I have a Rubberset original and it's one of my favourites.

UKRob said:
Great work Ratty - I love the shape of these brushes. Incidentally, the original boar knot still looked in usable condition - I have a Rubberset original and it's one of my favourites.

You're right - it was salvable really - and as boar knots go its was flipping massive - I did have a moral dilemma on whether to remove it or not - The balance of the handle with such a heavy knot wasn't too good as the handle body was too light and the hollow collar part is quite tall too which pushes the centre of gravity even further north - In my defence I did a NOS Rubberset 400 restore last month for a guy on B&B leaving the original knot in and that was epic when it was done.

Ratty

Back
Top Bottom