Chocolate scented cream

eneville said:
Has anyone heard of a chocolate scented shaving cream? The wife suggested it might make a nice change.

Hiya,

If I was looking for a single note shaving cream like that, I'd probably make my own. Very easy to do, and I wouldn't need to use a whole lot of product to see if it agreed with me.

I'd either buy a good unscented cream like AOS makes, or ask one of the resident soapmakers to send out some. Then I'd take some and mix a little 'cacao absolute' EO into the stuff. I would also use a good grade of that EO, which may be a tiny bit pricey. Good news is a little should go a looong way.

Been a long time since I read about absolutes and the like, and I think there's a couple extraction methods. Something you need to read up on. Oh yeah, if you order some of that, maybe see what other EOs might grab you two.

Hope that helps,

Martin

If it could perhaps taste of chocolate too, then when I have just lathered up and my wife shouts through to the bathroom to ask me a question, instead of answering and getting a taste of Palmolive I could instead get a taste of Cadburys, then surely thats a good thing?
Infact, is that another thread topic? 'Why does my wife always ask me a question when I have just lathered'.

While in Walgreens today looking to see if they had any aftershave worth buying; I came across a new product that I had not seen before. "VASELINE- cocoa butter vitalizing gel body oil with Brazilian nut and almond oils! Remembering reading about chocolate scents I had to buy it for TSR. yes tried it about 1/2 ago and I still smell the chocolate. Yes, it's a gel. A little bit goes a long way. Yes, I look 20yrs younger too!
Good brand, cost ok, and it does look like it will last awhile.

Johnus said:
While in Walgreens today looking to see if they had any aftershave worth buying; I came across a new product that I had not seen before. "VASELINE- cocoa butter vitalizing gel body oil with Brazilian nut and almond oils! Remembering reading about chocolate scents I had to buy it for TSR. yes tried it about 1/2 ago and I still smell the chocolate. Yes, it's a gel. A little bit goes a long way. Yes, I look 20yrs younger too!
Good brand, cost ok, and it does look like it will last awhile.

Walgreens? (Quick bit of googling) Is that in the states?

NotTheStig said:
Sounds good. I've only found one seller on amazon.co.uk. With delivery it's almost £17, which is a bit pricey for me. Still, I'll keep an eye out for it.

That's a bit much, unless it's an incredibly large pot.

I'm going to wait till I've used up this TOBS Almond tub and then see what's out there again.

Could you post a link to that one you found on Amazon please?

Yes it's a drug store in the States. Vaseline.com has UK web site . I'm not able to bring it up on iPhone. Flash player thing. Drug store cost was ~7$ us.
Vaseline.com has a whole subset for cocoa butter products. Again you need flash player to read.

eneville said:
NotTheStig said:
Sounds good. I've only found one seller on amazon.co.uk. With delivery it's almost £17, which is a bit pricey for me. Still, I'll keep an eye out for it.

That's a bit much, unless it's an incredibly large pot.

I'm going to wait till I've used up this TOBS Almond tub and then see what's out there again.

Could you post a link to that one you found on Amazon please?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vaseline-Intensive-Vitalizing-Brazillian-Almond/dp/B0015SXSKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322931758&sr=8-1

Back
Top Bottom