Chromecast

Got one today at Tesco. Bargain !!!
ba1c0cc2ff9ae1084ace5af0f8f5903b.jpg

There are always whiners. Rarely use the actual Chromecast app (except to check for offers) much more likely to be using Plex, PlayMovies, Netflix or a uPnP player like Avia or BubbleuPnP

Cheers mate I'll have to investigate that lot. We have sky and I also use Navi through the Mac. But these things at that price are always worth investigating. Move got it up and running and just the streaming from the iPad makes it well worth the money.

Going by the playstore seems to be quite a few negative reviews regarding the last update.
I just looked at the reviews... Not a picture I recognise at all. Seem to be many of them blaming the app or an update to it for them failing to do something... Like have an internet connected wireless network...

If you are using it on a WIFI network, with an internet connection it will work as long as you have sufficient bandwidth to stream the media. If you try and use it on an isolated network my experience is that you can't stream from the internet via a phone onto the isolated wireless network but you never could at any point in the past.

Wow, great deal. I bought another (retail) just for all the third party audio apps that are now supported...iplayer radio, Spotify, Deezer, Soundcloud, Youtube, Tunein etc, even AllConnect (android) isn't bad as a multi-media streamer.

Anybody owning a uPnP radio try UNDOK for compatibility, a rather neat third party control app probably better than the manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom