Cleaning a Black Beauty

Hi everyone.

Now I am a complete and utter noon when it comes to cleaning/restoring.

I am desperately after a Black Beauty but have pretty much given up on getting one "mint" at a decent price so am gonna try and get one that needs some tidying up.

What I was wondering was

1: How would I go about doing this, what do I use to get the black back and silver back or...

2: Is there anywhere/one reasonable I can send razors to to get them sorted?

Thanks guys

Advice... Buy one that's in the condition you want it to be. The price difference isn't that much. Do a WTB on this site.

Also what's a "noon"???

Restored Razors get good press on here, but I'm not sure what they'd be able to do about the black plastic bits on the handle.

Typical cost of a full replate starts at £25 so it is worth finding one in good nick and keeping it that way :)

TRXnMe said:
Restored Razors get good press on here, but I'm not sure what they'd be able to do about the black plastic bits on the handle.

Typical cost of a full replate starts at £25 so it is worth finding one in good nick and keeping it that way :)

All the above info is the best you will get, the problem with BB is it has an black anodised aluminium handle with a brass nickle coated head/adjustment mechanism and the different metals don't play well.
Dave at restored razors is not fond of them as they are a PIA to work on. Also I think when the black on the handle has gone thats it
So get yourself the best you can afford they are a nice razor.

Good advice guys, think I will get one in decent nick then as I forgot about the black plastic bits on this.

But so I know, should I get a razor that does need replating etc who would I go to , or even do?

barberbob said:
Good advice guys, think I will get one in decent nick then as I forgot about the black plastic bits on this.

But so I know, should I get a razor that does need replating etc who would I go to , or even do?

Dave Glynn at http://restoredrazors.com/blog/contact/ he is a great guy and produces fantastic results.

Back
Top Bottom