Comprehensive guide to the Gillette Aristocrat Junior razors

Excellent! Simply excellent! This is a very complete compendium indeed. Thanks. It should be saved for easy access!

I have a 1949 (solid knob) Aristocrat Jr. which came home in a 1948 blue bakelite case. Nice shaver, although I last used it more than a year ago..

May I add something? There's a set #49, which has the same razor as the #48 set (hollow knob), in a different case and with the booklet of a Popular. Not sure if I can post links to another forum...

Last edited:
Excellent! Simply excellent! This is a very complete compendium indeed. Thanks. It should be saved for easy access!

I have a 1949 (solid knob) Aristocrat Jr. which came home in a 1948 blue bakelite case. Nice shaver, although I last used it more than a year ago..

May I add something? There's a set #49, which has the same razor as the #48 set (hollow knob), in a different case and with the booklet of a Popular. Not sure if I can post links to another forum...
I think you can. This isn't B&B.

I think you can. This isn't B&B.

Woohoo!:rolleyes:

Thanks, sir!

Here we have a comparison: # 48, #49 and #53 sets. From mr-razor.

For your visual pleasure!

LlGts6.jpg

XCKj6x.jpg

QXK6pR.jpg

BNmElE.jpg

Last edited:
You are very welcome.
And glad you added it to your (great) information!

Now tell us you've got all of them!
Ah, alas, no. I have a #58 set in very good condition and a #51/53 I picked up after this was published. The #51/53 had a loose handle, a typical problem in Rocket style razors. I fixed it following @Wishbone's excellent Rocket repair advice.

The #51/53 is not the best looking razor in my collection, but due to the light (compared to a full Aristocrat) handle and heavy head, is one of the best razors I've ever used. The #58 is right up there with it.

I have all the razors that are uniquely Aristocrat Jr.'s, and that's good enough for me. My days of collecting Gillette razors are done. I have all the ones I really wanted. My interests are now focused solely on acquiring rare and unusual non-Gillette DE razor designs.

I have all the razors that are uniquely Aristocrat Jr.'s, and that's good enough for me. My days of collecting Gillette razors are done. I have all the ones I really wanted. My interests are now focused solely on acquiring rare and unusual non-Gillette DE razor designs.

Ditto....... I only collect to shave and I've been through a sh*tload of razors finding out what's best for me. I'm partial to a few modern stainless razors and a fair few vintage ones I've kept in the collection, but I love looking through Fleabay for the unusual and sometimes I'm hit with the notion "I wonder what it shaves like?" and I suddenly find myself a little lighter in the pocket :D

Ditto....... I only collect to shave and I've been through a sh*tload of razors finding out what's best for me. I'm partial to a few modern stainless razors and a fair few vintage ones I've kept in the collection, but I love looking through Fleabay for the unusual and sometimes I'm hit with the notion "I wonder what it shaves like?" and I suddenly find myself a little lighter in the pocket :D

You strike me as a Gillette Sheraton or Senator man. ;)

Back
Top Bottom