Crabtree and Evelyn

Ok so I've bought some c & e hard soap a few weeks ago and have three shaves with it now but find it to be so thin no matter how much soap or effort I put into it. It just disappears. Any one else have this issue .

I used C&E for years but always bought the same scented cream as the soap. Without knowing it at the time I was creating what is known as a uber lather - take a little dab of cream and massage it into your damp whiskers. Load the brush from the soap and then face lather- you should see a noticeable difference.

These days I bowl lather so you could do much the same by adding some cream to the bowl and then mixing with the soap.

Thanks Rob will give it a go. I have used it from the wooden bowl and another bowl but just a bit disappointed as it not the cheapest on the market and kind of expect more for my money. not much slip or sent,the West Indian lime aftershave is divine and lasts for a good 8 hours I was thinking I would get the same quality from the soap but will give it another go

I love the west indian lime cologne one of my favourites.

I have creams and soaps from C&E and like them both, it took me a few lathers to dial in the soap but I like it now. The missus bought me the morrocan soap yesterday but I've not had a chance to try it yet. I like the sandalwood one a lot, not quite mwf or cella level for me but not far behind.

Yeah, the Moroccan Myrrh sounds very interesting. I gather it is their Nomad scent re-branded. Much better name - nomad round here means your not insane i.e, "Ah'm no mad, ye ken!" :D

A mate of mine whom I introduced to DE just recently has subsequently introduced a mate of his. He bought the C&E Sienna cream & balm as part of an EJ razor & brush special offer package from The English Shaving Company (great folks to deal with ;)). Loves it apparently.

I didn't find the C & E Nomad shaving soap lather to be that good either. I get better lather from Erasmic and Wilkinson Sword shaving soap. One solution could be to cut a slice off the soap, like a 3 - 4 mm thick salami sausage slice, and use that to shave with. The slice should warm through a lot better than if you use the whole puck.

YES! I was so excited about getting mine (Indian Sandalwood) and paid £22 for it *regret* ended up leaving it behind at home when I returned to the country I work in.

No matter how much I load and lather, few seconds it's gone! Strange huh?

Back
Top Bottom