Creed

Anyone found great links to suppliers of this fragrance?
I have tried a couple of samples and had good reviews.

Or any other similar value alternatives?

A - W said:
Anyone found great links to suppliers of this fragrance?
I have tried a couple of samples and had good reviews.

Or any other similar value alternatives?

Green Irish Tweed = Cool Water
Original Santal = Joop!
Original Vetiver = Muggler Cologne
Orange Spice = Kouros
Royal English Leather = Knize Ten

Of course, just as wine ponces will tell you there's a world of difference between an £8.00 Chardonay and an £8.50 Chardony there will be people who will try to convince you that Creed is simply much better than the cheaper alternatives.

Rather surprised that Creed gets so many mentions on shaving forums where men are forever banging on about marketing hype and over-inflated prices for cartridge systems.

Over rated.

I would say there is definitely similarity between some of those fragrances, but there will be slightly different but noticeable differences in the scent purely because they have very different notes, when you look at the Joop and the origibal santal, I would agree there is something fairly similar about those scents and I like both but I still prefer the Creed, but as you say Vinny is it worth £100 more than the Joop? well that's very relative, the individual nuance within the scents may be the deal breaker.

Joop
Top Notes: Mandarin, Lemon, Orange Blossom, Bergamot

Middle Notes: Jasmine, Lily Of The Valley, Heliotrope, Cinnamon

Base Notes: Vanilla, Tonka, Patchouli, Sandal

Creed original santal
Top notes: Orange Tree Absolute, Jamaican Ginger
Heart notes: Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Juniper Berry
Base notes: Sandal wood from Mysore, Virginian Cedar, Absolute Vanilla, Benzoin from Thailand, Ambergris, Tonkin Musk

All I know is I have had some very positve reactions from family members and just in passing people when I have had the Creed samples on which doesnt seem to happen with my everyday CK Man and others. Maybe just a different scent for me away from the normals, I dont know.

Isn't this also about how you feel when wearing a particular perfume? Do you feel better in an expensive perfume than in a cheaper one? In a BMW or a Ford? A $50 suit or a $500 suit? A haircut at Trumper's or at Oscar's?

My BMW cost me £300

Don't get me wrong.

I have some EDTs with jaw-dropping price tags.

I just think modern Creed scents are a bit 'meh' for the money.

Back
Top Bottom