Culmak

I suspect it's the same as the generic Vulfix/Cyril R Salter stuff. If so, it's shite!

Maybe it depends on how hard or soft your water is...Our water in Yorkshire is nice and soft and I get a fabulous lather with Culmak...I've just ordered another three pucks of it in fact....
It so good, its now my go to, everyday shaving soap, to the exclusion of all others...and I have a lot of soaps stashed away, believe me....................Its even better than MWF..... Similar..... but in my view better.

GOLDCREST said:
Maybe it depends on how hard or soft your water is...Our water in Yorkshire is nice and soft and I get a fabulous lather with Culmak...I've just ordered another three pucks of it in fact....
It so good, its now my go to, everyday shaving soap, to the exclusion of all others...and I have a lot of soaps stashed away, believe me....................Its even better than MWF..... Similar..... but in my view better.
Interesting balance , thanks. What is the scent like?

What I would call "Old fashioned scented Shaving soap".. the sort of thing Grandfathers used in the 1920's onwards...
Someone on here suggested Culmak to me as the nearest in scent to the much loved Yardleys soap...Now no longer made. I would agree with this.....Not quite the same but pretty close....just lacking the soft, lavender/ cedarwood/ powdery overtones of the Yardley........But for five quid or less give it a try if your water is soft.

Back
Top Bottom