Czech & Speake No88 Shaving Soap

I have just ordered the Czech & Speake No88 soap,to those of you who have
used this soap what can i expect.Is it on par with Martin De Candre and
MWF and Tabac.I love the smell of the No88 fragrance is the soap similar?

while some may find this a fine soap...i myself gave it away as an also ran...nothing outstanding imho..altho i found the same with MdC, whereas Institute karate is excellent as is Klar Kabinett, tabac and the fat

but every one is different...and ymmv

good luck with it...you may enjoy it

In my experience I got it in the 'travel' size as a gift. Didn't have a container the right size and ended up putting it in a slightly larger one. It meant that I couldn't get it to lather adequately, so ended up giving it away. Never looked back. It did smell very mildly of the No. 88 scent (which is very strong as a cologne by the way). I also detected the earthy clay scent that people talk about in reviews for this one.

I am tempted by its Oxford and Cambridge cousin though!

The lather is good enough, but not outstanding. As far as the scent is concerned, there is some small resemblance to the edt, but not much.

I also gave mine away (I was PIF'd it in the first place)

Ian

frank06 said:
I have just ordered the Czech & Speake No88 soap,to those of you who have
used this soap what can i expect.Is it on par with Martin De Candre and
MWF and Tabac.

Hi there,

Personally, I really like the performance of the #88 and am surprised to see anything negative written about it. Matter of fact that's what's been a part of the last few days worth of shaves. I have the travel size puck stuck to the bottom of a 1 cup glass bowl and that makes loading the brush easy to do.

To me it works as well as MWF, which is saying something.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom