Derby Premium

I tried this blade for a 2nd shave & quickly binned it afterwards. Ironically, I have never had problems with the regular Derby blade in the past, but this "dog" wouldn't hunt for me. Go figure.

I thought I'd have a second round of using the Premium, in a Progress, set at "2", with P&B Sanskrit.

It's very noisy, and felt draggy, but after a couple of passes, I have a decent finish, albeit with some irritation. My problem seems to be that it won't shave very well in a mild razor, but it's not too comfortable in anything aggressive either.

I had high hopes for this, but I don't see it going anywhere near the top of my list.

I must say I'm impressed with them, I'm a head shaver so I'm seeing things from a different perspective but Premiums are my go-to blades for the last couple of shaves. Not very sharp but smooth.

My findings with this blade are similar to others, used twice in my R41 and found that the blade was quite sharp and smooth but not overly so and I thought an Astra SP would better in both respects.
I have 9 blades left so I won't write them off just yet, I will try them in other razors and see what I think.
They will not suit everyone but I'm sure for some they will be just the ticket and at £8.00 for 100 blades they are well priced if they do work for you, worth trying a tuck to find out. :)

I tried one of these blades for the first time last night, it was a nice, smooth comfortable shave and mid morning today my cheeks were still quite smooth.
I will admit that as I've got older my skin doesn't seem able to tolerate too sharp a blade so that may have helped.
Will I buy more, yes.

Dave

I've persisted with using these, and my initial feeling about them is correct.
For me, they don't work in anything that tends to be on the "mild" side. On the other hand, they work well in things like my X3 slant. I'm psyching myself up to try one in my Shavecraft Tech razor, which I find will have the hide off a rhino (and my face) with every blade I've used in it.

I've persisted with using these, and my initial feeling about them is correct.
For me, they don't work in anything that tends to be on the "mild" side. On the other hand, they work well in things like my X3 slant. I'm psyching myself up to try one in my Shavecraft Tech razor, which I find will have the hide off a rhino (and my face) with every blade I've used in it.
I for one look forward to hearing how you find this blade in your ShaveCraft tech, I wish you luck. :)

I have been to that place. I have the occasional morning when it all goes wrong and I stand there spraying witch Hazel at myself like it is oxygen or smashing a styptic pencil into my chin as a trail of claret heads from a weep era to my snow white collar.

Offset obviously by those dolphin smooth mornings when I head out the door with smooth skin, not a weeper on sight and feeling a million bucks.

Back
Top Bottom