Do you like the new Tapatalk?

Yep, it has been bugging me a lot. Couldn't find the forum Browse view in there at all. I also think that it uses up too much real estate now when listing threads.

I think it is fooking awful and I'm not the only one.

If you look on the Play store they are taking the most almighty kicking on there.

My main gripe is the 'noddyfication' of the GUI. Before I could fit between 10 and 15 posts on a screen when browsing the timeline, now I can fit between two and three.

Yes loads of empty spaces used for nothing , i'd love being a fly on the wall in the developers office when the marketing people said .. make it pretty, make it look modern or some gaff of that sort.

jb74 said:
Yep, it has been bugging me a lot. Couldn't find the forum Browse view in there at all. I also think that it uses up too much real estate now when listing threads.
Took me ages to find out how to browse sub forums. Click on the orange banner at the top; it should have the name of the sub forum/thread you're vewing written there (so TSR before as default before you've selected anything), and gives you a drop down menu to select sub forums. I also find refreshing my tiny view of unread posts doesn't always remove read posts, so I have to exit the forum and back in.

Thank God I'm not alone.

I used to browse these forums every hour, now I only check them at home on my PC.
It's unusable.
I CAN do everything on there, but it's painful on the eyes and takes 10 touches to do what used to take 3.

One of the 1 star reviews on Google is mine.

To all who like to downgrade the latest version to the previous one here is a link to ver 4.9.5, First uninstall Tapatalk. Once prev version installed go to the Play store, open my apps and find Tapatalk, top right corner untick auto update. Hopefully they will pull their act and release a better version.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tapatalk-inc/tapatalk/tapatalk-4-9-5-apk/

Thanks. Dunno if uninstalling will trash logins, if you have a rooted phone you can install titanium backup, run a backup before uninstalling, then restore data with the old version installed.

Re: RE: Do you like the new Tapatalk?

ravey said:
Thanks. Dunno if uninstalling will trash logins, if you have a rooted phone you can install titanium backup, run a backup before uninstalling, then restore data with the old version installed.
If you login back it will restore back all your forums as they are, no need for extra backup.

Back
Top Bottom