Do you suppose I'm pregnant?

I've always liked my coffee very dark but then suddenly, a few days or a couple of weeks ago, I started drinking it black. A few days after that, by accident at first, I started drinking it without any sweetener at all.

Why these changes after years of knowing exactly how I like my coffee - with very little creamer and just a tad more sweetener? Yes, of course, the coffee tastes better else I wouldn't stay with the changes - but why this sudden reversal?

The only thing I can think of, even though it defies all logic, is that I'm pregnant!

Did that farmer take advantage of you in that country lane, whilst you were playing the damsel in distress? ;)

I used to like my espresso strong and sweet, but like you, I now prefer the coffee unsweetened but I now prefer it with a sweet accompaniment like Scottish tablet or a chocolate something.

Seriously. Have you become more acidic or basic?? Might be too late now to see if your body has change... But if you have Litmus paper at home see what you saliva (or pee) is and keep track of it for awhile.
If you're sensitive to your bodily chgs; taste your blood when you cut yourself shaving and you my taste a difference.(some cultures use P..)

Hmmm, my wife can't taste salt properly - zinc deficiency. Could be that your tastes have just changed. This might be of use for you: http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/smelltaste/pages/taste.aspx

BTW It doesn't list pregnancy Carl, but you know your own body so take no notice and buy some bootee knitting patterns.

Oh no, it had to happen. He got old: now instead of him shagging the sheep, they've got they're own baaaaaaack. What you going to call it, Carl? I take it you've phoned the Sunday Sport to explain the miracle to them......

Natural variation in taste. You may find it continues then abates or entirely replaces your previous preference. You may find you chop and change with it. Do let us know how the morning sickness comes along, old chap: a quick diced carrot count will suffice.

I'd echo the change of medication possibility, if you take any that is?

UKRob said:
pjgh said:
I was thinking menopause :D

He's far too old for that.

By the way, your liking for butter in coffee sounds disgusting.

Best with goat butter.

Some folks whisk it in with a blender - Bulletproof Coffee, it's called. I prefer just a slab of butter, salted, which gives a nice sweetness to the actual coffee. It's not a million miles off pouring cream in ...

Nice in breakfast tea, too:

IMG_1526.JPG

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Unless it's Morris Dancing :D

Re: RE: Do you suppose I'm pregnant?

pjgh said:
UKRob said:
pjgh said:
I was thinking menopause :D

He's far too old for that.

By the way, your liking for butter in coffee sounds disgusting.

Best with goat butter.

Some folks whisk it in with a blender - Bulletproof Coffee, it's called. I prefer just a slab of butter, salted, which gives a nice sweetness to the actual coffee. It's not a million miles off pouring cream in ...

Nice in breakfast tea, too:

IMG_1526.JPG

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Unless it's Morris Dancing :D

Just googled bulletproof coffee.
I thought you were taking the piss!

Back
Top Bottom