Dove Aftershave Balm Hydra-HATE

Oh for the love of pete how hard can it be to actually do what it says on the side?
Got some from boots as it is on offer and the "prof" is having a break so I needed a stop gap till he starts selling his wonderful shave balm again.

Well what a waste of money, absorbs quickly but has actually made my face tight, dry and uncomfortable.

Had to wash it off and apply my ration of "Prof Blightys Shave Balm"

Come on dove sort it out.

Update - also red and sore.

:( :( :huh: :mad:

IanM said:
Sure the "red and sore" is not the result of a sub-par shave?

Ian

Face was fine till I put this stuff on and then it was dry and uncomfortable and then 10 minutes later I was as red a vicar in a brothel.

:blush:

I got a free sample of Dove hand soap a few years ago with the claims of "dove wont dry out your face like soap does" & "contains one quarter moisturising cream" i had high hopes.......... Disapointed wasnt the word my face was about as moisturised as the sahara desert afterwards so i binned it and not touched another dove product since.

martin82 said:
I got a free sample of Dove hand soap a few years ago with the claims of "dove wont dry out your face like soap does" & "contains one quarter moisturising cream" i had high hopes.......... Disapointed wasnt the word my face was about as moisturised as the sahara desert afterwards so i binned it and not touched another dove product since.

I think I may be avoiding Dove too.

I have had a bbs shave today, left my face un touched for an hour. Left side had Dove applied and right side Prof balsam. Result....

Left side is like a radish, sore and dry. Right is perfect no problems. Prior to applying both I had no rash, blothching, soreness or red glow.

Perhaps only my skin but really not impressed with the product.

Gigahurtz said:
martin82 said:

I have had a bbs shave today, left my face un touched for an hour. Left side had Dove applied and right side Prof balsam. Result....

Left side is like a radish, sore and dry. Right is perfect no problems. Prior to applying both I had no rash, blothching, soreness or red glow.

Yep sounds like Dove lol.

I dont know what on earth they put in it (or take out) but their products seem to have the ability to remove/repell moisture (perhaps WD40 is in it!) - now i think about it i have actually tried the shower gel as well and that had similar results (partner used it no worries).

perhaps their new slogan could be "unlike normal soap dove will dry your skin"

WD40 would moisturise your skin. Moisture in/on skin is not water as such, but natural oils (with some water content) that are produced by the skin to keep it healthy supple. Soap, of any kind, tends to remove these oils to some extent, and I suspect that an application of WD40 would also remove some of the oils, but would replace them with the oily part of itself. I wouldn't recommend trying it, though!

Ian

Gigahurtz said:

It could be that you are intolerant of some ingredient in Dove - especially if you had no soreness after the shave.

I bought some and its quite runny and fluid (as stupid as this sounds) but i actually liked it a bit. I mean, its ok, and i wont be buying again i dont think. So yeah, maybe it is shite.

Back
Top Bottom