Dr Harris shaving soap

I am wondering what is your opinion about dr. harris pucks. Never tried one and i was wondering how the old school uk soaps compare with nowadays artisan or with the classic MWF.

I like the new softer soaps with their fancy tubs, artworks and easiness to lather, but i fancy to use old school harder soaps as well like tabac, mwf.
I also enjoy the classic scents of the TOBS creams (i have mr taylor, sandalwood, peppermint) more than the artisan scents to be honest so i was wondering if i am missing something without trying one of these uk soaps.

I really like DR Harris hard soaps, they provide a good stable lather and decent slickness. Post shave is the area where perhaps the artisans have the edge but it’s by no means poor. My favourite scents are Windsor, Arlington and Marlborough. I think MWF is slicker and better post shave but DR Harris is easier to lather. Both are top soaps in my opinion.

I really like DR Harris hard soaps, they provide a good stable lather and decent slickness. Post shave is the area where perhaps the artisans have the edge but it’s by no means poor. My favourite scents are Windsor, Arlington and Marlborough. I think MWF is slicker and better post shave but DR Harris is easier to lather. Both are top soaps in my opinion.
This. Almost word for word too. Especially Windsor. I do love a drop of that pop.

Likewise ...

I've got a bowl of Arlington and find it a really good soap. Not the greatest. Not the best. Really good! It is true to the old-school style of soap, having quite a vintage collection in my shave den.

Have you considered T&H? I bought in a bowl of their Sandalwood within the last few months and have used it a lot! For a non-tallow ingredient set, it's also very true to the traditional British hard soap and delivers a great shave ... to my face, it has the edge over DR Harris but their differences are in fact their character.

I am wondering what is your opinion about dr. harris pucks. Never tried one and i was wondering how the old school uk soaps compare with nowadays artisan or with the classic MWF.

I like the new softer soaps with their fancy tubs, artworks and easiness to lather, but i fancy to use old school harder soaps as well like tabac, mwf.
I also enjoy the classic scents of the TOBS creams (i have mr taylor, sandalwood, peppermint) more than the artisan scents to be honest so i was wondering if i am missing something without trying one of these uk soaps.
They are solidly better then any of the artisanal offerings out there. Aside from class and tradition, these UK hard soaps can't be beat.

Back
Top Bottom