Fatip Gentille Slant

Hi all,

Has anyone used the closed comb version of the Fatip Slant? Wondering how it compares to their other offerings.

I use the original slant and limited with the original and gentile base plates, all shave well in their own ways

Thanks in advance

There is not a huge difference in them in terms of the job they do. OC is less forgiving if your not paying attention, and takes a slightly more deft touch.

The closed comb is a good daily shaver, smoother, not quite as close/feels less aggressive. But I have found almost any blades I have on the good pile work in it. Maybe 20 or so blades, the OC is a little bit more tempremental regarding blade selection, I would probably choose one of maybe 5 blades.

My personal rule of thumb is if I'm keen to use a DE but short of time, not that interested or trying a new blade or soap go for the closed comb. Other than that I tend to use whichever one I put my hand on as both work for me and ultimately do a decent job

I have been through alot of blades and varying vintages and have definitely found OC and slants to be fussier, but get it right and they perform very well.

Plating seems to be holding up so far, they get rotated alot as I use DE, SE and injectors from time to time so maybe other people use them as daily see more wear.

I do think the OC slant is finished better then the LE so I can see some people having issues. But at this price point if the plating wears it will just add to the patina for me

Back
Top Bottom