Favourite Spirits

I am usually a Gin or Vodka drinker. I have tried various brandies but prefer Calvados. I want to try Brandy de Jerez, or even Armenian and Georgian brandies. When I lived in The Netherlands I enjoyed Jenever. Tequila is now a big thing. I have lost interest in Whiskies and have never enjoyed Rum. I enjoy most liqueurs. especially Glayva, Drambuie - obviously both whisky based, Cointreau and Disaronno.

What are your favourites?

Brandy de Jerez Solera Gran Reserva. Favorites are:

10253_gran_duque_dalba_fl_gh_2018.png

cardenal-mendoza-brandy-solera-grand-reserve-cl70.jpg

I always stock up in duty free, coming home from holiday.
Highly recommended!

When I did, I liked Lamb's Navy Rum ... and drank it a lot. Probably too much.

For high-brow, I was particularly partial to Laphroaig. Other peaty, yes, but Laphroaig was a clear favourite and a clear favourite of Scotch whiskies. Smoother, I also enjoyed Suntori Hakushu very much. When asked, I'd say I drank those.

Not massive on gin (being a crappy was of ruining good clear spirit) but vodka ... yes. Stoly and Absolut. Finlandia at a push. From the freezer.

Whisky and rum for me.
I'll pretty much drink any whisky, there's only one whisky I've bought that I didn't really like. The ones I've bought most of are Jameson's which I find a real easy drinker and old pulteney when it's on offer. If I'm pushing the boat out my favourite is probably Ardbeg 10.
Honourable mentions to Arran 10, glencadam 10 and I bought a bottle of Benriach 12 at Christmas which I really like.
Me dad bought me a bottle of Laphroaig select for Xmas and I have been massively impressed with it, as I'd seen a lot of negative reviews. I think it'll become a regular buy when it's on offer. I like the Laphroaig 10 but the select is a bit lighter and very enjoyable.
In the summer I often get a bottle of Pernod and drink it with chilled water and ice.

Back
Top Bottom