First Shave with an Eversharp Injector

Hi All, I recently managed to buy a Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic J type a white round handle one off the Bay £12 + P&P quite happy with it, didn't come with a blade so purchased unused old stock Personna Injector SS 5 blades, 3 days quite thick growth used a damp hot cloth to soften the whiskers, just used wilkinson sword soap, 3 passes w/x & against the grain, face BBS neck not quite BBS, but have issues with my neck, with a 3 day growth so tend not to tidy it, just have another shave Friday AM, tbf the shave was as good if not smoother than my Parker 96r using a Vokshod, so another style of shaving, with an injector, going to look at getting either a G type or L type next.

Hi All, I recently managed to buy a Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic J type a white round handle one off the Bay £12 + P&P quite happy with it, didn't come with a blade so purchased unused old stock Personna Injector SS 5 blades, 3 days quite thick growth used a damp hot cloth to soften the whiskers, just used wilkinson sword soap, 3 passes w/x & against the grain, face BBS neck not quite BBS, but have issues with my neck, with a 3 day growth so tend not to tidy it, just have another shave Friday AM, tbf the shave was as good if not smoother than my Parker 96r using a Vokshod, so another style of shaving, with an injector, going to look at getting either a G type or L type next.
Injector razors are fab, it's a shame that the blades are limited now but if you can find some Schick injector blades for sale ( I used to buy mine through US Amazon) you can get excellent shaves using the many vintage injector razors that can still be had for not a lot of cash. It's nice to see injector razors being used again, a few years ago as the many blades that used to be available ( both new and new old stock) became harder to buy the interest seemed to go off the boil and you couldn't give me razors away!
I was never keen on the Personna injector blades but YMMV! :)

Paul

Injector razors are fab, it's a shame that the blades are limited now but if you can find some Schick injector blades for sale ( I used to buy mine through US Amazon) you can get excellent shaves using the many vintage injector razors that can still be had for not a lot of cash. It's nice to see injector razors being used again, a few years ago as the many blades that used to be available ( both new and new old stock) became harder to buy the interest seemed to go off the boil and you couldn't give me razors away!
I was never keep on the Personna injector blades but YMMV! :)

Paul
Only got the personna to try, and only a fiver inç p&p but going to try others certainly, thanks for the info Paul, much appreciated.

I prefer the Chinese made Schicks, but I also pick up NOS Dutch or Swedish made Schick blades. I have a type L razor dedicated to Japanese Injector II blades, as I can only use these with very little stubble or they clog. Fortunately I bought them off ebay before they doubled in price. I only have one pack of Japanese normal Schick blades which were sent instead of the Injector II blades. I have a box of Prolines, but never used them.

Back
Top Bottom