First Shave with DE, and feels like a shave

At last, a shave that actually feels like one. I got my EF89L this morning, thanks to one extremely kind member of this forum (fan controller).
Plus a selection of blades from said gentleman, and another forum member also sent me some. So enough with the rambling.
Put shaver together and used an Astra Superior Platinum. I hadn't got a brush so far, still waiting for it to arrive. So I gave my face a good soak and then a good lather.
Was tentative at first with the strokes, but confidence soon built up.
Did the first pass, and still felt very rough, second took it closer still.
Then under my chin a did a against the grain final pass. Result a face that finally feels smooth and shaven. Why did I wait so long to do this?
Also I only nicked myself once. So please don't giggle too much.

ahhh that first close shave feeling - I love it, I personally find that not shaving over the weekend gives that same BBS feeling every Monday - Its fantastic. Yes most people had that "Why did I not do this before?" moment.
Now you get the fun of refining technique, tweaking equipment, altering soaps, balms, oils, cream, brushes and testing new blades etc.
I makes the chore of shaving into something you look forward to

Welcome to shaving - say goodbye to your wallet lol!

Glad you like the razor, Dave.

It's great that things went so well straight off the bat. I had the same experience on my first DE shave; wasn't that difficult at all. Just need to keep practicing your technique and it will get even better.
Keep us up to date with your progress and "acquisitions".

Welcome to the club. And as others said keep hold of your wallet. I've just been to pehnaligons because of what is said on this forum.
Will be using the balm later can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom