For pure performance, what's your favourite soap?

In my short time (around 4 months) DE shaving I would say D.R. Harris is the best I've tried so far. It's very slick with plenty of cushion. It will be the one I'll be using for my first shave with a Straight Razor….when it turns up.

Slickness with plenty of cushion is exactly what you should be aiming for with your first straight razor shave. Good luck, I hope it goes well.

1st Place: Valobra - any tallow soap made by them is fantastic (Valobra Stick, Czech & Speake, NOS Art Of Shaving...)
2nd Place: Cella

Many other soaps performed admirably for me, but unfortunately caused skin irritation and I had to stop using them (Haslinger, Tabac, Martin de Candre, Mitchell's Wool Fat, LEA...)

I'm looking for some soaps to try. I don't really mind about the scent, just looking for something that's easy to lather, and performs well. I'm most of the way through a tub of proraso (green), the first and only soap I've tried, so I'm looking for something to get when it runs out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cella!!!
Tabac
La toja.
Arko!!!

Tabac shave soap, an other old one but still in production and still as good as ever, great performer.
tabac_zpsdwgum9wb.jpg

:D:D:D:D

Billy

Best for me would have to be the Palmolive stick. I have friends (all retired) that swear by this. Performance for me is just unbeatable plus it's easy to find here and cheap as chips.

Back
Top Bottom