Fountain Pen vs Rollerball

Perhaps this is a slightly dim question but can you get a refillable rollerball?

Doesn't have to be Lamy just wondered if they even exist, I guess if they do you'd have to fill'em from the rear.

antdad said:
Perhaps this is a slightly dim question but can you get a refillable rollerball?

Doesn't have to be Lamy just wondered if they even exist, I guess if they do you'd have to fill'em from the rear.

Not tried one but

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/J-Herbin-Refillable-Ink-Rollerball-Pen.html

Northam Saint said:
Not tried one but

http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/J-Herbin-Refillable-Ink-Rollerball-Pen.html

I've got one (the clear plastic version rather than the metal one).

Not too bad at all. Very fine line but it does seem quite "thirsty"

Bureau direct usually have a good offer on them with a selection of Herbin cartridges

Cult pens have a couple of other options from different makers if you browse around.

After cruising around various fountain pen sites and online vendors looking in complete bewilderment at the number and variety of fountain pens and inks out there I just happened to walk in to stationary shop and looking at the pen section found a disposable Pilot Vpen for next to bugger all. Very impressed with how it writes. The pen world is astounding. I'd heard of Parker and Mont Blanc but the number of makers and at times jaw dropping prices these things fetch was certainly an eye opener for me. Pity I'm not a collector. I can see why people get completely hooked. Inks paper pens nibs cartridges piston fillers cartridge adapters eyedropper pens etc etc All very interesting stuff.

Still haven't solved the roller ball. I'll just stick with disposables for now. Boring but rest assured I won't walk past a shop selling pens without having a serious look. Something I wouldn't have done before.

I've just bought a few of these Chinese Lamy. The body (except for the clip) is identical. Nib, of course doesn't say Lamy ) writes very much the same. Cost... You can't bet it!!![attachment=10192]
Yes less than 5$ us delivered.
With converter!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397660997.735936.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397660997.735936.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
Been using the one that I posted above all day today. Very impressed. I don't know how they and make and ship them at that price. It is a dead ringer for the Lamy .
The other one that I like is their 159. A clone of the Montblanc 149.

gazza said:
Ive just popped "jinhao" into ebay and there are some lovely looking pens for silly cheap.

I expect that there a re a few "homages" among them but I'm not knowledgeable enough to spot them.

I've read many good reviews of Jinhao, but my personal experience wasn't good. I bought an x750 which exhibited weirdly inconsistent ink flow. After much tweaking I'd get it working beautifully, then, the next day it would refuse to write, even after I saturated the feed. I gave it to my dad with the idea that, if he could sort-out the ink flow on a permanent basis he could have it. In the end, the only solution was to realign the nib and feed so that the feed almost touched the tipping material - any extra degree of normal nib overhang and the flow would become inconsistent again.

I've found that they may be "ink sensitive" like most FP's ( and razors). I've been using a Chesterfield black. Seems to work well in most of my pens.

Found that I had to flush them 3-4X with the Chesterfield before the started to like it(;-(
Also found that If I ran a pin point lightly down the slit it cleaned or opened it a little more.

Well, these< 5$us pens have me fascinated. How can they do this. And some with shipping!! Just got another. Very nice, good writer. [attachment=10226]
The 9601.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397907960.047363.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397907960.047363.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 16
Been buying them off of eBay. The auction site under fountain pens.
Here's a photo of the 9311 Hero. Using it today. Believe its a cone of the Parker 51. For the quality and prices don't worry about them growing legs and walking away.
The eBay ink is also excellent. (Photo to follow.[attachment=10256][attachment=10257][attachment=10258]

Ink photo. Also eBay ...[attachment=10259]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398087376.543568.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398087376.543568.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 14
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398087409.566646.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398087409.566646.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 12
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398087430.688398.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398087430.688398.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 13
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398087532.678473.jpg