Free kindle books

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I regularly have a look for kindle freebies but never really took notice of how many there were on the Amazon site. Turns out there are over 35k!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=kindle+free+books&sprefix=kindle+free%2Cdigital-text%2C186&rh=n%3A341677031%2Ck%3Akindle+free+books

I've had a couple that have been really good & I have started mixing & matching them in with the paid for stuff. That way if I don't like it I just move on to something I know I'll like.

Wanderlust167 said:
I've had a couple that have been really good & I have started mixing & matching them in with the paid for stuff. That way if I don't like it I just move on to something I know I'll like.

im the same

there is one thing i have noticed though

some crafty author's split a book into a couple parts

1st part is free, second part is say 50p then 70p

bassically the first part hooks you then by part 2 you really want to read it

cruciate said:
...and less than 4 thousand of them have ever been reviewed by anyone.

So thats 31k books that are either undiscovered gems or utter tripe.

Well I think I can guess which. There could be a reason that they are free. I think spotting an undiscovered gem would be like trying to find needle in the haystack.

Any reviews might not help much either.

Someone I knew has published 3 or 4 books and has some glowing reviews. Unfortunately the reviews have quite clearly been written by him, his Mum and possibly his girlfriend.

The books were utter rubbish by the way.

This is probably not the best place for my question, but since you have experience with this device, how is it compared against a tablet (ipad p.e.) for reading books ?

Doesn't it have a smaller screen thus making reading more difficult than a tablet ?

I m torn between these 2 for ebooks.

Thanks

Re: RE: Free kindle books

joe mcclaine said:
Hands down the Kindle with e-ink screen is better for ebooks - no question about that whatsoever.

Agreed, the kindle is much better for reading books on. The size of the screen is not an issue, the can make the text whatever size you like.

Agreed, Kindle or perhaps Sony eReader are way better than a tablet, although the Sony has crap syncing software, can't recommend it because of that alone.

shanky887614 said:
Wanderlust167 said:

im the same

there is one thing i have noticed though

some crafty author's split a book into a couple parts

1st part is free, second part is say 50p then 70p

bassically the first part hooks you then by part 2 you really want to read it

Haven't come across that yet, but it'll probably catch me out sooner rather than later!

Back
Top Bottom