Gillette Bleue Extra

hunnymonster said:
I've been talking to Audiolab and I've realised I'm short of blades :lol:

Will sell you some if you want :lol:

I really like these blades, I received some from Sunbury and also from Antdad so I had a few packs to try. First few uses were OK, so I stashed them and came back to them later and have grown quite attached to them. I don't think Swedes are super special blades, damm good, but not worth the price many are asking for them. These are just a tad duller than a Swede, I sometimes found a Swede a bit like a Feather in that first shave could leave me a little raw but I find these are smooth from the first use.

All the ones I have say made in Sweden, I have not tried the other kind but I got a pack from Rareup and they had the same ones I have. I think they may be the next Swede and if not they are decent blades at not a bad price. You could do a lot worse than pick up a few packs of these while they are still in plentiful supply and cheap.

Good review well overdue RB73, thanks for doing that.

kev... said:
Tryed one of these tonight in my new long comb nice smooth shave seem a fair bit sharper than the red ip's i've been using very nice blade :mrgreen:
used the same blade in the same razor today perfect shave i like these :shave :shave :mrgreen:

Ive been picking up blades for a few weeks now off eVilbay and these NOS circa 1990/2000 ish blades are amongst the pile I have to try. Up untill my return to DE shaving I have only used Wilkinson Sword blades and am amazed at the difference between blades.

I have loaded up my new Ikon with a 7 o'clock (yellow) for now, but will try the Bleu next up - if its OK I might stockpile some as they are appearing quite cheaply on the bay at the moment.

I also have some older ones (Thins) in black / red packaging to try too amongst the Gillette pile I have.

Back
Top Bottom