Gillette Platinum

These blades are packed in a cardboard box of 5 blades and each blade is double wrapped.

I’ve found these blades to be comfortably smooth in use, although not quite as sharp as some other Gillette’s, (Bleue’s – Thin’s). This is noticeable when shaving areas of my face where whisker growth is confused; I can feel the blade tug slightly when catching hairs going slightly against the grain.

This is more noticeable with a heavier growth, but as a daily blade presents no problem and is smooth.

I would compare these to Red IP’s in achieving the end result albeit slightly smoother, but whereas the Red’s only give me two days of use before they dull the Platinum’s hold their edge for four comfortably.

To recommend, if like me you judge the Red IP’s to be your middle of the road safe bet in a daily, blade then these could well be for you.

I've included the link to where i purchased these blades so as not to confuse with other Platinum’s.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110574520515&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT</a><!-- m -->

These are nice blades and as you say a good alternative to Red IPs. Many people get these confused with the Swedes that are a much better blade (imo) but sadly no longer available.

In the beginning I confused them with these:

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

I got these in Greece, in a large cosmetics shop chain. I cannot remember the exact price now, but if memory serves me well they should come at approximately 2 quid per pack.

They shave very well, and from my limited experience with the Plats (these Russian ones) Richard just reviewed, they are much better.

Nice review by the way, and thank you for sharing. I will add my feedback when I shave with the Russian ones a decent number of times.

Hi N_Architect, I think the blades you've got there are also Russian made replacements for the Swedes, available in Europe but not in the UK. I haven't tried them but have heard that they are similar to the Iridiums.

got these in Greece, in a large cosmetics shop chain. I cannot remember the exact price now, but if memory serves me well they should come at approximately 2 quid per pack.

NA
Was that for a packet of 5? 50 of Her Majesties pennies a blade :eek:

hunnymonster said:
rangers62 said:
got these in Greece, in a large cosmetics shop chain. I cannot remember the exact price now, but if memory serves me well they should come at approximately 2 quid per pack.

NA
Was that for a packet of 5? 50 of Her Majesties pennies a blade :eek:

The same blades as NA pictured are €5 a pack in Finland :shock:

Think I would Finish with this lark at those prices!

Jaiket please baurman

Do these differ much from the 7 O'clocks Super Platinum?

I've been using those for last few shaves and they give a really nice smooth close shave, nice sharp blade - shame they're quite expensive.

I feel blessed - I can get the Plats that NA posted for CZK 17 (60 pence) here in Prague, and that's buying them individually at one of the national supermarket chains. This pricing may be a fluke - they cost double that everywhere else.

These are fantastic blades, very smooth and play nice with all my DE razors. My experience is similar to NA's in the sense that I too have limited experience with the ones the OP reviewed, and the "white pack" Plats are much smoother for me.

Back
Top Bottom