Gillette Short Comb New

G

Gairdner

Were any of these made in England? I've seen the long comb new and have a 7 o'Clock copy but haven't yet come across a short comb new made in England. Were there any British made copies of these? Old-types seem plentiful in English guise.

Also, were there any slants made in the UK? Would I be correct in saying that none of the Gillette adjustables were made over here?

One for the razor historians out there.

Hi mate

No adjustables with made in England stamped on them some adjustable special sets were only sold here though

I'm not aware of any slant type razors in the UK

And I don't know about the OC new without checking

Please don't get annoyed as people have not responded within a few hours. It's the weekend and people have other stuff to do apart from TSR and not everyone is into razors and the history

Cheers matey

Steve

The only thing i know of which is about as close to a short comb new as you can get would be the 2 piece brit new deluxe when i compared it to a brit #77 its teeth are definately shorter..
DSC_0116.jpg

failing that the only other option that i can see would be an aristo #15 comparing that to a #77 the teeth seem shorter in comparison but it is late and im extremely tired so they look shorter..

i love the look of that razor, Dave! Thanks for chipping in and the photo. Yeah, its late and well past my bed time but the usual sleep onset insomnia keeps me up till I can keep my eyes open no longer. Is it a rare and costly model?

Gairdner said:
i love the look of that razor, Dave! Thanks for chipping in and the photo. Yeah, its late and well past my bed time but the usual sleep onset insomnia keeps me up till I can keep my eyes open no longer. Is it a rare and costly model?

yeah i hate being a sufferer of insomnia although having sleeping pills helps, as for the razor well i paid a bit for mine as it was cased but being honest i don't remember seeing very many of them being offered for sale on the bay or other sites in the last year...

Back
Top Bottom