Gillette Super Confusion

I've tried three types of Super Thin blade but I don't know to what each one is commonly referred. I've heard of Thai and Chinese Super Thins but these are the ones I've used. What do we call each ones? I've also been informed (forget which thread) that they're all made in China, just to complicate things.

GSuperThinStainless-1.jpg

GilletteSuperThinPlatinum.jpg

ChineseSuperThin.jpg

Not to be confused with the mid twentieth century Gillette Thin blades (red and black packaging, gold coloured blades, which are awful).

Thanks all.

Oh, and an afterthought, how the *$"@ do I scale down an embedded image without reducing the original's size? :-D

Thanks. The bottom one is what I was referring to as Chinese Super Thin but as I say I have been told they're all made there. Maybe Chinese Domestic Market Super Thin.

The ones for the Vietnamese market certainly are - it says they were manufactured in Shanghai. The Thai ones though certainly seemed to be packed in a different location at least (the blade packets within the boxes were always the same way up - the Vietnamese ones a higgledy piggledy collection - which tallies with what I knew of Shanghai being a much more "manual" factory than Manaus)

do the bottom ones just say "new stainless" on the blade? or "new improved stainless" like the top ones

1. New improved stainless
2. Platinum
3. New stainless (or new improved stainless in different packaging?)

Where can i buy the bottom ones? i can only find the other two at connaught if i wanted them in bulk.

Back
Top Bottom