Gillette Toggle

So who owns one and how do you find the shave, I tried it today on number 3 with a gillette bleue and found it quite Aggressive, I normally straight shave but I have been hopping between the straight and a few DEs, Also this shaves nothing like a fatboy they are worlds apart, the fatboy I tend to have set on 6 with no problems don't get me wrong its a lovely razor with a great balance and a lovely look

You may want to try a different blade. The toggle that I was lucky enough to buy shave very nicely with Polsilvers. Actually, as I don't like to use it very often because what great shape the plating is in, It's the only brand that I've used in it. I do start out low for the 1st WTG pass and increase it after for the next passed.

over5feet said:
So who owns one and how do you find the shave, I tried it today on number 3 with a gillette bleue and found it quite Aggressive, I normally straight shave but I have been hopping between the straight and a few DEs, Also this shaves nothing like a fatboy they are worlds apart, the fatboy I tend to have set on 6 with no problems don't get me wrong its a lovely razor with a great balance and a lovely look

Hi there,

Test drove two Toggles and both of em shaved the same. Little more bite than a Fatboy, with different weight and balance. To compensate for the extra bite, I set the number down one click from the Fatboy number of choice.

Sounds like you might possibly have some kinda issue with yours. There shouldn't be that much of a difference between the two razors. Heh, are you sure the Fatboy's set up right? Have you tried others to compare it to?

That's probably not the deal, but just saying......you never know. The Toggle isn't one that can be overclocked, at least I don't think it can. Sorry you don't live closer....I'd send you mine to sample and see what's up. Did you make sure and check that the blade gap's even?

I probably didn't help much, but who knows,

Martin

As Martin says the two razors are close. The toggle has a slightly different feel to it, may be the difference in the handle. I would start at 1-2 and then move up. Be sure that you move the setting before closing the head. The opening and setting procedure also applies to the other adjustables.
The lower setting for the first pass knocks down most of the beard so the higher settings don't feel as ruff.

dodgy said:
over5feet said:

Hi there,

Test drove two Toggles and both of em shaved the same. Little more bite than a Fatboy, with different weight and balance. To compensate for the extra bite, I set the number down one click from the Fatboy number of choice.

Sounds like you might possibly have some kinda issue with yours. There shouldn't be that much of a difference between the two razors. Heh, are you sure the Fatboy's set up right? Have you tried others to compare it to?

That's probably not the deal, but just saying......you never know. The Toggle isn't one that can be overclocked, at least I don't think it can. Sorry you don't live closer....I'd send you mine to sample and see what's up. Did you make sure and check that the blade gap's even?

I probably didn't help much, but who knows,

Martin

Hi thanks
The blade gaps are fine as are the doors, I think I will turn it down and give it another go I think it's just the toggle has like you said more bite also I have only tried it once

Back
Top Bottom