Godrej creams

Seriously good, they both make an excellent glossy thick lather in no time.
The lime smells nice and fresh if a little synthetic, original is just okay, bit like pine loo cleaner in a way, though not all that bad. I can do you a sample of original if you like.

I have a couple of tubes of lime coming from India - sadly they've only just been sent so I may not see them before I head off to the US. I'll no doubt go on about how good or bad they are in time, but feel free to PM me if you haven't heard.

I'm going to have tried nearly all the lime shaving creams around soon, so I may do a wee post with my opinions on them.

Thanks all. Just ordered the lime version, Old Spice shaving cream, and the Dettols Fresh and Cool shaving creams. I've not ordered the Godrej classic pending smell test courtesy of Canuck.

Really don't need them but what the hell. Been weeks since I bought a shaving cream ;-D

I've piles of the stuff too. But I'm stopping. Honest. Definitely.

I have 2 tubes of old spice lime, (100ml of the old spice lime aftershave too), 2 tubes of godrej lime, 1 tube of old spice musk, 1 tube of musgo lime and basil on the way.

I have a tub of GFT violet, GFT lime, 2 x T&H Lime, T&H Grafton, TOBS Mr Taylor's, a tube of C&E lime.

Turns out I only have one face, but my buying habits would suggest differently :p

Me too. No-one calls me two-faced. At least, not to my face, which would mean they were two-faced.
I have subconsciously (unconsciously* :-D ) moved from trying out tens of blades to tens of creams. It's not like I'm unhappy with anything I have (most have been excellent) - I just like trying new stuff

* That's a good one:
Wife: "What are you doing on the laptop this time of night?"
Me: "Not what you were thinking. I must have been sleep shopping again."

I'm worried - and maybe you share my concerns - that once I'fve found the best lime cream I'll struggle to make myself use all of the other ones...

The other choice is Desistores. If you're ordering a few different items I believe they would be cheapest. However if you want several of the same I think ebay wins. I ordered from ebay.

I'm more inclined to go with ebay for safety though, paypal and ebay pretty much find in the buyers favour every time, I don't know how good or bad desistores are. Desistores don't have the weights right though, they list 70g old spice lime as 140g. You pay a lot for postage so that adds up a fair amount.

Halk said:
I'm worried - and maybe you share my concerns - that once I'fve found the best lime cream I'll struggle to make myself use all of the other ones...
They would all probably get used but yeah, the best one would get the most use. I have only tried Trumpers Limes though so not really an issue just yet. And I find if it performs well I'll come back whatever.

Does anyone find they go off a scent for a while then come back to it and love it all over again? I do this with citrus smells, almond smells and TOBS Shaving Shop. At the moment I am obviously coming back to citrus creams and soaps again.

I've noticed the basket feature on ebay to be seller-dependent, I think. I didn't have the option with namaste.world to add to basket but I wanted to pay at the end, not one at a time. Normally this would be to save myself postage costs on multiple items but they offer free delivery so in this case it was to avoid RSI from purchase gluttony

I got some of mine in a PIF, and I bought some others in supermarkets near me.
Speaking of Godrej, the blue shaving rounds are very popular in the shops round my way, particularly in Rayner's Lane and Southall. You don't see them mentioned much now but they were all the rage in the wet shaving community 2 years ago.

NotTheStig said:
Halk said:
They would all probably get used but yeah, the best one would get the most use. I have only tried Trumpers Limes though so not really an issue just yet. And I find if it performs well I'll come back whatever.

Does anyone find they go off a scent for a while then come back to it and love it all over again? I do this with citrus smells, almond smells and TOBS Shaving Shop. At the moment I am obviously coming back to citrus creams and soaps again.

I've noticed the basket feature on ebay to be seller-dependent, I think. I didn't have the option with namaste.world to add to basket but I wanted to pay at the end, not one at a time. Normally this would be to save myself postage costs on multiple items but they offer free delivery so in this case it was to avoid RSI from purchase gluttony

I bought 2 tubes and 100ml aftershave from the same guy, all with free delivery. I asked him in advance if there was any discount, and he said free stuff. As you might expect his English wasn't especially expressive. As it's not yet arrived I don't know if I will get free stuff or not...

But there are sellers doing bulk for old spice lime on ebay so if I do decide I like it then I'll buy in bulk and it won't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom