Good to be here

Hi, well after a gap of 35years of shaving I've returned to real shaving, fed up with the disposable razors and sore face.
I just found the site by accident while looking for a electric razor,(glad i didn't find one) and spent the next few hours reading about shaving, didn't know their was so many people using safety razors, now I'm hooked!

I have just had my first real shave, with a DE89L, EJ best badger brush and Taylor's Almond cream,what a great feeling to lather up my face, only 3 nicks neck chin and under nose, so not to bad,not as close as I hoped but i guess that's down to learning, but it felt great to finish a shave and no BURNING wow great!. After all these years i thought I had sensitive skin but it was the rubbish I was shaving with, can't remember when my face felt so fresh

Glad to meet you guys, and I'm sure I'll have some questions for you while I relearn to enjoy the pleasure of shaving.

nosedog said:
Welcome Manic. "Disposable razors are for disposable men." <-- Seen in a signature around here...

Welcome to the forum Manic.

Disposable razors are for disposable men. That would be mine! It was inspired by a quote in a film I was watching at the time but I'll be damned if I can remember which one!

Or was it a book...................? :icon_frown:

Back
Top Bottom