Gulp......what about a forum political section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dodgy said:
Oh......I was really glad to hear about your kitty returning. Great ending. Heh, I have a few lost cat stories myself that thankfully also turned out ok. One we had to have shipped 2000 miles (when she was finally found days later), but it was worth the inconvenience...that's for sure.

I would have gone back with our car if she had been found later (roughly a 1 000 km round trip). I think our older cat eventually found the smaller cat, they came in together and he (the older cat) was a little weird during her walkabout. The little buggers tend to get to your heart though, of course not mine, I was worried my daughter would be sad and was a little upset due to that fact. Yeah.

lloydedwards Wrote: Maybe Dodgy would like to ignite a political education fuse(thread)!

In view of the way this thread has already gone, perhaps not only an interesting, but singularly appropriate term, "ignite".

JohnnyO.

JohnnyO, I don't understand - "singularly appropriate", to what?
The 'way this thread has gone', but do you think it's gone good or bad?
It is innuendo that makes politics so disheartening and divisive, in my opinion, and I'm not saying you meant to, but your post could mean whatever anyone wants it to mean. It fits in with the "don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up" type statements we are trying to get away from in this thread. I think several of us think politics is important, but despair of the dishonest polemic. If you read some other threads, you'll notice the jargon and in jokes, -doesn't matter what a latte really is in the global context. I would like to know what a liberal / conservative / neo-liberal etc REALLY is. I'm interested in your take on it.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

In the US... I think that with the addition of Paul Ryan into the 'race' the term Conservative has now come to mean someone who want to limit the scope and purpose of government. But... It would appear that this is now limited to reducing the Financial Scope of government control in business and social programs while continuing to increase its involvement in it's citizens personal lives. Strange.

Hi Lloyd, I felt "ignite" was just what I termed it, ie, appropriate for the manner and type of responses it "fired up". That is it seemed to me that there was a degree of emotional content contained in many if not most of the comments which was greater than normally elicited in our threads.
I don't really know whether that can be termed "good" or "bad". Most probably either depending on the individual's own point of view. But then I guess that can be said about almost any definition on a political thread.
Contributor A attempting to "raise awareness" by their way of it may easily be perceived as indulging in "political proselitising " by contributor B.
Contributor C genuinely seeks to educate and inform by posting links they feel should be of interest whilst contributor D takes offence at feeling they are being patronised.

That's about as deep as it gets with me I'm afraid. To paraphrase a remark made I believe about America's Mr. D. Quayle in his day, "You could wade in my deepest thoughts without even getting your ankles wet".

JohnnyO.

"You could wade in my deepest thoughts without even getting your ankles wet". HaHaHaHa! Perfect. More glorying in feigned ignorance! Seems to be the modern way of neo-con politicians on both sides of the pond.

Rupert Murdoch calls Romney's choice of running mate 'almost perfect'. Does that mean he has a binding contract with Focksviews? The Kochs and Adleson own Romney, we hear less about who owns Obama.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom