Harvard Aftershave

If you guys are looking for a fantastic aftershave with long staying power ( cologne strength) and a wonderful clean scent then look no further than this little beauty.
Made by Marks and Spencer and available in most stores it only costs £5 for a 100ml bottle.
I first smelled this when my mate came into the pub wearing it and liked it so much i bought a bottle the day after.
Since wearing this i have had so many compliments and find the girls in the Office move a little closer when they talk to me, which is never a bad thing.
I currently have approx 30+ bottles of aftershave and cologne with varying prices but use this more than most.
In fact i have used and bought about 5 bottles in the past 3 years which i cannot say about any of the others i have.

Do not get this confused with M&S Woodspice aftershave which smells like crap.
This one comes in a blue box and is a clear glass bottle.
There is a whole range of Harvard lines too which is great.
The talc is good, the body splash is weak so id give it a miss, The balm is a very poor relation to the aftershave, the Body spray is OK.

Buy a bottle and you wont regret it

Yep, I'll keep an eye out for it. Has anyone tried the Hackett products that Boots sell? I quite like the body spray - pleasant but not striking.

Magicpixie said:
pleasant but not striking.

Had a sniff of the Harvard that's exactly how I would describe it, perfectly pleasant, androgynous and good value but not for me. I am trying to attract those with a poor sense of smell so I need something much potent to get through usually I go for something like DIESEL.

Just goes to show everyones sniffers are different. I find this scent very potent and long lasting. What i like about it is that the scent doesnt change it remains the same fresh smell all day long. I can still smell it 10 hrs later after applying.
I recently went into panic when my local M&S stopped selling this and bought a back up stash from another store. Several emails later to M&S customer services proved that it was just a supply problem and it will continue to be sold as a leading product. :D

Manimal, we were talking about Hackett in regard to the unassuming scent; we went slightly OT. My local M&S is relatively small however I plan on checking it out next time I'm passing a larger store.

My mistake for the confusion, using a quote for a different product to describe another.

I found the Harvard AS scent to be perfectly fine and I might add quite long lasting and good value, everything you would expect from M & S.

I didn't buy any so cannot comment on it's properties as an aftershave, it might be for you it wasn't for me.

Magicpixie said:
Manimal, we were talking about Hackett in regard to the unassuming scent; we went slightly OT. My local M&S is relatively small however I plan on checking it out next time I'm passing a larger store.
Rik, Marksies Bangor has a load of it at the minute so I'd imagine the other NI stores have it as well. If your local M&S doesn't have it and you want to try it I can get one for you. Smells nice in the bottle but there was no point in me trying it on as the Floid Aftershave I was wearing would have overpowered it

Thanks for the offer Paul. My local M&S is an Express store - mostly groceries but I can pop over to Forestside next time I'm in. Did you spring for one of those big 400ml bottles of Floid? Blue or original?

Magicpixie said:
Thanks for the offer Paul. My local M&S is an Express store - mostly groceries but I can pop over to Forestside next time I'm in. Did you spring for one of those big 400ml bottles of Floid? Blue or original?
I got a bottle of the Original off Paul at Connaught and it's nice stuff, mind you, 400ml is a lot of aftershave :) Unfortunately I'm not one of those guys that can describe the top notes, middle notes, base notes etc - I'm a simple 'like it' or 'don't like it' man. I got samples from Paul of the Blue Floid and the Musgo Real, both of which I like. Next purchase will probably be the Musgo, followed by the Blue Floid (once my Original is nearly done). The missus got me some D R Harris Marlborough Cologne at Christmas and I have the matching aftershave sample from Paul - they go well together, but it's a heavy, warm, woody scent, more suited for winter. Current favourite though is TOBs Mr Taylor cologne, it has a nice citrussy smell and is perfectly cool and refreshing at this time of year. I know our summer here has been pretty crap due to the amount of rain, but it has still been very warm most of the time and I prefer lighter scents when the weather is like that. I'm off to Lusty Beg Island in Fermanagh tomorrow for the weekend (Her Indoors 50th) so I'll be wanting to take an aftershave/cologne that doubles as a midgie repellent ;)

Have a good time at Lusty - plenty of great hazy memories. :)

Musgo Real is, for me, the definitive old school A/S. It feels great on the skin and has a fine scent. One thing I'd say is leave your hands a little damp when you splash some out or it can be a little tacky - as in sticky.

Good call on the Harvard :D I was in town today and remembered this thread as I was walking past M&S. I nipped in to give it a try and walked out with a bottle, good stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom