Hello from another newbie!

Browngc said:
Hi all and many thanks for the warm welcome and replies regarding the soap v stick.
Thinking about this more its's probably because I'm normally travelling or away from home most of the week so when started to wet shave I chose the Tesco soap stick and just continue with that at the weekends when home. Bit of a change at the moment as I've been at home since the beginning of December.
Will have a look for some soaps and a bowl and practise with that once I convince the wife. Her view is along the lines.... it's just having a shave what's with all this stuff!! :)

_______________________________________________________________________Ahhh Yes....I think it likely we all get this, from our respective other half at some time or another.....I was asked just the other day "How many shaving soaps do you need"...
Well the answer was "you can't have too many shaving soaps dear".....Must have been the right answer 'cos she didn't mention it again.

Welcome! For me, the answer to your other half's question is that it isn't "just shaving" - it's doing things properly, enjoying scented, warm, dense lather, getting the benefit from a single blade rather than the irritation and ingrowns associated with cartridges and finishing the shave with an invigorating cold rinse and either a nice balm or an interestingly-scented aftershave.

Browngc said:
Will have a look for some soaps and a bowl and practise with that once I convince the wife. Her view is along the lines.... it's just having a shave what's with all this stuff!! :)

Ah, I had that:

Just tell her that you are taking care of yourself for her.

:angel:

Back
Top Bottom