Hello!

hunnymonster said:
chrisbell said:
Welcome! Hard shaving soaps for you next, though you'll need a brush with more backbone than the BK2.

Mythbusting moment - no you don't need a brush with more backbone... you might find it easier with one, but the best brush in the world won't produce perfect lather if the operator isn't up to the task.

Point taken - my thought was that the OP might find it easier to use something with more backbone on a triple-milled soap.

ChopperHarris said:
The only soaps I've used so far are a Palmolive stick (which is nice, but hardly hard) and a Neal's Yard puck I've had for years. It does lather up OK, but so far doesn't match the palmolive. What soaps are you thinking of?

Welcome

I've just got some Mitchells and I know I'll never use a different one again. Scent, obviously, is a personal preference.

YorkNeil said:
Welcome

I've just got some Mitchells and I know I'll never use a different one again. Scent, obviously, is a personal preference.

I've been hearing / reading some great things about Mitchell's and it's definitely one to try. That said, we're in a hard water area and I also heard that it takes a lot of lathering if that's the case?

Also, I've had a bit of a splurge and in the last 2 weeks have acquired Proraso (favourite), T&H samples bag, Ingrams, Palmolive and Speick (second favourite) plus dug all the old ones, so it might be a while before I need anything else!!

Back
Top Bottom