Help needed to id this one

This just arrived in today's post, has anyone seen one before.

Sorry for the crap photo's (phone), as it's been delivered to work.

Kirbytraveler1.jpg

Kirbytraveler2.jpg

No markings of any kind, but that scalloped cap screams Kirby Beard & Co to me.
I know Leresche are supposed to have made some razors for Kirby and a few other brands, (Apollo for one) but I've not seen a four piece (travel) Kirby before.

I saw that the other day and was tempted to grab it as when i saw the cap i thought that looks like a kirby but had never seen a travel one and decided to mull it over for a bit then when i made my mind up it had gone.. there is a guy on B&B called moshulu you should drop him a pm about it as he's spent quite a few years looking into and trying to find out about kbc and leresche razors so he might be able to shed some light on it...

I thought it might be a frankenrazor as well, but I've been reading some of Moshulu's posts and he seems very knowledgable on Kirby & Leresche.

This got me thinking maybe it's a Leresche travel razor. After all, if they were making the caps/heads for Kirby, it's not a massive jump to imagine a Kirby head making it's way on to a Leresche handle in the same factory.

So a bit of googling and I turned up this post from B&B
Leresche travel set
The top part of the two piece handle is identical to mine, the bottom part is slightly different, but has the same overall design. Moshulu has said that all the Leresche travel models he's seen are of the handle within handle design and a lot of them don't carry any markings.

So unless, someone can come up with a better answer, I think it's a Kirby capped, Leresche travel razor :icon_razz: which is nice.

By the way, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread Jamie. Just trying to generate some discussion about if they made other designs.

Any markings on the razor at all?

Yellow Jim said:
By the way, I wasn't trying to hijack your thread Jamie. Just trying to generate some discussion about if they made other designs.

Any markings on the razor at all?

No problem mate, any input is welcome.

Theres no markings whatsoever on mine.

I've not seen or heard of Kirby doing an open or slant comb. That one of your's is a beauty, to me it looks german in design, very, very much like an Ibsen, who made razors for all sorts of people (even no name distributors). So I think it's a mismatch, but still really cool.

Yellow Jim said:
antdad said:
More likely a franken razor, never seen a 4 piece Kirby either.

Ever seen an open-comb one?
What about a slant one?
I picked this up a few months back. Mismatch? Or a proper Kirby?

d48d04cd.jpg

Nearer to this than a Kirby me thinks.

11885371wk.jpg

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-15605-page-2.html

Back
Top Bottom